About Me

My photo
I want the world to make sense. I try to make it my life's goal to connect to every living thing I meet, whether it has two legs, four legs, or chlorophyll for arms. Love in all its forms is a constant chase for me and as Robert Browning said " it takes up one's life, thats all." I am often Nostalgia's Nightingale and live in memories of the past, but I know my future is radiant. Tear drops are sweet to me and seem to follow my countenance on sad days, but I love to laugh. Were the world mine... we would never grow old and we would all kiss when greeting a friend. All writings are my own so you will find comma splices and many run on sentences. The pictures have been taken by my dear friend Isabel Turley . One of the most brilliant and beautiful girls I know. Thankyou and I hope you enjoy.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Innocent Ashes of the Yellow Star.

Who can ever replace the memory of the dead?
Who could ever dream upon a sunset and wish the light was not brighter?
Who could tell that young girl's ghost that her death means something because she wrote about goodness and believed in the power of a diary?

Dear God,
Father,
Savior,
Messiah,

Life is the most precious jewel upon the world.
We live and die and prove magnificent by our breath.

In an attic of eight people owning nothing but calloused stars and fading hope, there was a young girl who knew the face of beauty and died in the dirt of disease.

What does it mean to live anyway?
I can't look at things hard enough to enjoy it all.

But I can dream can't I?

What is the dream amidst the ruin?
And what is the prize inside the ashes?

Inside the book.
Inside the attic.
Inside the world.
Inside the dangerous blackend battleground of the heart.

If that young girl knew that answer, does that mean I have a chance?

Dear God I hope so.

And if I see the magic can I make a wish upon the yellow star and turn back the dial?

No comments:

Post a Comment