About Me

My photo
I want the world to make sense. I try to make it my life's goal to connect to every living thing I meet, whether it has two legs, four legs, or chlorophyll for arms. Love in all its forms is a constant chase for me and as Robert Browning said " it takes up one's life, thats all." I am often Nostalgia's Nightingale and live in memories of the past, but I know my future is radiant. Tear drops are sweet to me and seem to follow my countenance on sad days, but I love to laugh. Were the world mine... we would never grow old and we would all kiss when greeting a friend. All writings are my own so you will find comma splices and many run on sentences. The pictures have been taken by my dear friend Isabel Turley . One of the most brilliant and beautiful girls I know. Thankyou and I hope you enjoy.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Play the Game, Set the Fire, Watch it Burn, Let em Win, and Never Look Back

What a shame the world became,
this sorry spit out place,
a tiny boy was made,
the only hope there is.

Oh the many games that we have played,
the billiard board stars and stripes,
these diamond diced marbled spades,
the chips that fell were his.

Fie the lies the dragon sprayed,
those sears and swells that scar and sting,
all the emptiness they drained away,
it only meant one thing.

Mourn the things that men have stained,
the foxes who dared to dream,
the flower who's sap remained,
open your mouths to sing.

Recall the days when we were new,
when sex and love were drugs,
the November Adventure crew,
the bug riders ruled the school.

Walk down the lanes that lead to "who?"
the gossip that brought the fun,
the fathoms of bows and cues,
age limits and broken rules.

To hell with playing nice,
to the devil with waiting in line,
forward we drive from hate and vice,
make way this is our sign.

I told the truth I never lied,
not once or twice although I cried.
You left the way the Fire bolted,
you bluffed, I folded.

Game.

No comments:

Post a Comment