About Me

My photo
I want the world to make sense. I try to make it my life's goal to connect to every living thing I meet, whether it has two legs, four legs, or chlorophyll for arms. Love in all its forms is a constant chase for me and as Robert Browning said " it takes up one's life, thats all." I am often Nostalgia's Nightingale and live in memories of the past, but I know my future is radiant. Tear drops are sweet to me and seem to follow my countenance on sad days, but I love to laugh. Were the world mine... we would never grow old and we would all kiss when greeting a friend. All writings are my own so you will find comma splices and many run on sentences. The pictures have been taken by my dear friend Isabel Turley . One of the most brilliant and beautiful girls I know. Thankyou and I hope you enjoy.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Never Over When you Give up

What visions I had of you this Eve, my shadow.
For when the figure of my figure took shape and waltzed around my chambers, I knew the God of sleep was at large and I must have been dreaming.
Waiting for that dreaded knife fingered Sandman to leap out at me from any angle and cut me to shreds, I began to cower underneath my blankets.
They say a dream can still you and a nightmare will kill you.
You my shadow halted your angelic waltz and hurled my blankets across the room.
You seemed so incredibly eager for me to listen that I could no longer run and hide like some child.
That is to say I could no longer run from myself.
I could hear the Sandman's knives lurching up the stairs and it was time to fly.
I took my shadow by the hand and leaped off my chamber window and soared through the London town. Leaving behind all traces of foul play and tracing my own future with images of the Tower and Big Ben and the stones of which the strongest London buildings are made.

                                 And in an instant the dream dissolved, it all did.

No comments:

Post a Comment